Dacrylate appointed with The Royal Warrant

Dacrylate Paints Ltd.

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Click on a heading to reveal the answer.

How do I paint a floor?
Please click here to view our Paint Systems and an overview of how our range of specialist coatings and paint become part of a system for your coating requirements.
How do I paint galvanizing?
Please click here to view our Paint Systems and an overview of how our range of specialist coatings and paint become part of a system for your coating requirements.
How do I degrease a metal substrate?
Use our Thinner R1 and change the degreasing cloth frequently.
  • What is the best way to paint MDF?

Use Microlac primer in accordance with our product instructions, allow to dry and pat down.
For topcoat use Microlac Topcoat in either gloss or sheen finish to suit your requirements in accordance with our product instructions.

What is a DFT?

DFT stands for Dry Film Thickness, it is the thickness of the paint film applied.

  • What is a substrate?

The substrate is the nature of the surface to be painted or coated.

  • How long will my painting system last once applied?

There are many factors that determine the longevity of a painting/coating project, including the type of surface being painted, the quality of product and the skill level of who is applying the paint/coating. In order to get the most life from your painting/coating project, quality is a vital consideration. Our coatings have higher caliber materials that will ensure a longer-lasting protection and are designed with different levels of durability depending on circumstances. Always follow our instructions on how to apply the coating to give maximum longevity. Contact your local distributor/sales representative for advice.

  • What is a two pack paint?

Two-pack is paint that comprises of two components that need to be mixed together prior to application in order to cure/dry.

How much paint will I need?

Multiple the height and width of each area to be painted. Add the totals together to get your total coverage area. Remember to subtract any space that does not require painting/coating. Look for the coverage on your product tin to find out how many square metres (m²) it contains. Divide the total coverage area by the coverage given on your product to give the amount of paint required. Remember, more than one coat may be necessary.
Note : Coverage depends on several factors such as the absorbency, humidity, etc. The above formula should be used as a guide only.

  • Can I paint over old paint?

Yes you can provided that any loose old paint is removed to give a firm edge and then the surface is cleaned to eliminate any dirt and debris.

What is a VOC?

The VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) is the weight of solvent contained within 1 litre of paint.

Do you offer site visits?

Our Business Managers can advise you our any of our painting systems which include site visits if required. Contact us for more information.

Do you offer technical visits?
Our Business Managers can advise you our any of our painting systems which include technical visits if required. Contact us for more information.
Where can I buy your paint from?
Our team of Business Managers that can can advise you our any of our painting systems. Contact us for more information.
I have a special colour, can you help with this?

Our pioneering DACMIX system uses a range of specialist machines and hardware to produce thousands of colours, along side industry standard colours. The precision based computer controls and the simultaneous dispensing of colours enables the rapid colouration nearly 20 of the Dacrylate range of coatings, including the most common finishing systems and universal primers

Do you sell abroad? Have you got overseas suppliers?
Yes we do. Please contact us to discuss requirements.
Can I become a supplier of Dacrylate products?
Yes you can. Please contact us to discuss becoming a Dacrylate Partner.
What is matt, semi-gloss, gloss in a paint description?
Paint and other finishes come in a variety of finish gloss levels, which correspond to different levels of specular reflection. Gloss paints have a highly reflective smooth surface while semi-gloss paints have a slightly glossy appearance that is not as highly reflective as that of gloss paints. Matt/flat paints have the lowest sheen available when it dries and diffuse light, it appears completely non-reflective with a smooth, matte finish.
What application precautions should I take when painting?
Always ensure that you have good ventiliation and have the appropriate personal protection equipment. Keep any paint/coating away from flames. Always refer to your product's material safety data sheet for guidance.
How do I dispose of leftover paint?
For responsible disposal of waste paint contact your Local Authority for guidance, some have special facilities for disposing of paint.
What does UN1263 mean on a tin of paint?
UN 1263 is the General Hazard Classification of paint, lacquer, enamel, stain, shellac solutions, varnish, polish, liquid filler and liquid base. UN 1263 refers to the hazard class for shipments of hazardous materials (dangerous goods) in accordance with safety standards when shipping dangerous goods. Dangerous goods are assigned to one of nine classes dependant on the main danger presented. Flammable liquids are defined as any liquid having a flash point of = 60.5°C (141°F).


BBA     BCF     ISO 9001     Royal Society of Chemisty     HEA HEMSA     IPL     Business in the Community     PaintCare     Made in Britain     SEDEX - Supplier Ethical Data Exchange